Sunday, April 1, 2012

Productive Weekend at Home

I did not go to the boat yard this weekend.  I stayed home and used the “King Starboard” I bought at Kendore Boat Supply to fabricate new panels to replace the delaminated plywood ones that are on the cabin wall just inside the companionway.

Old Delaminated Panels

New King Starboard Panels

I also installed the new mast light I bought at Kendore onto the new mast mounting bracket I fabricate at work.  I also install a new wind vane (I bought this at the local store since Kendore didn’t carry them) on the mast mounting bracket.

Wind vane and mast light on the mast mounting bracket

I used a 2 part wood epoxy to do the repairs to the newly sanded cockpit seat backs.  There was a split in one of the seatbacks and a couple rot areas on both.  I then applied “teak oil”.  They need to dry for at least 72 hours before varnishing.

Sanded, repaired and oiled Cockpit seatbacks

No comments:

Post a Comment