Sunday, April 29, 2012

Woodwork

This weekend I removed both the forward hatch and the main companionway hatch to bring them home to sand, oil and varnish them.

Once they were removed I had to make temporary hatches to keep the weather out of the boat.
Temporary forward hatch

Temporary companionway hatch

After I got them home I sanded them.

Forward hatch half sanded

Forward hatch fully sanded

Companionway hatch half sanded

Companionway hatch fully sanded

I will oil and start varnishing them later this coming week.

The weather is not cooperating.  I would have hoped to have painted by now, but we haven't had 2 consecutive dry days with the temp above 40 degrees for some time.  This weekend at the boat it rained both days.  On Saturday I ended up having to make the temporary forward hatch inside the boat to get out of the rain.  On Sunday I had to bring my shop vac up to the boat to vacuum up all the saw dust from working inside the boat on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment