Friday, March 30, 2012

Kendore Marine Boat Supply

After work I drove up to Franklin WI to check out Kendore Marine Boat Supply.  The guy at the local marine supply store told me about Kendore.  He said "if we can't provide what you’re looking for, they can."

Kendore has both new and used boat stuff.  The new stuff is a lot less expensive than the local store.

Marine wire (2 conductor 16 gauge) at the local store is 0.69 cents a foot.  Kendore’s price was 0.30 cents a foot.  I bought 200 feet.

The mast light that broke during hauling from Maryland to Illinois cost $39.95 at the local store. Kendore’s price was $19.50.  I bought it.

Clevis pins (used to connect the mast stays to the deck) at the local supply store cost $6.95 each.  Kendore’s price was $2.00 each.  I bought all they had.  Unfortunately they only had 3 of the size I needed.  L  I still need another 5.

I also bought some scrap ½ inch “ King Starboard”. King Starboard is a marine-grade polymer that can withstand the harshest marine conditions. It will not rot or discolor, and it will not delaminate like wood laminates and is easy to work with using standard woodworking tools.  The local store sells a sheet of 96” x 54” for $599.99.  Yep $599.99.  I bought a scrap piece that was 53” x 54” for $135.00

All in all, a good trip to Franklin WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment