Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Ying and Yang Weekend


As usual, I don’t use the weather forecast to determine if we go sailing or not. I go and see for myself what the actual conditions are in our part of the lake. Well, the weather forecasters got it right on Saturday. They forecasted big winds (20-25 knots) and big waves (to 9 feet) and the winds and waves were both big. So we did not venture out, mainly due to the wave heights.


The split view shows a boat that ventured out of the harbor.
On the right side she is on the crest of a wave and
on the left side she has dipped into the trough. 

Waves crashing over the breakwater

On Sunday, my brother, a friend and I went out. The winds were much lighter at 5 – 8 knots and the waves were in the 1 – 3 foot range. It was not an exciting sail, but a casual one. 

I did try out the waterproof feature of my video camera by dipping it along side the boat to see what the bottom of the hull looks like.

Relaxing on the foredeck
Click here for- >Google Earth GPS Track 2013-09-29


No comments:

Post a Comment