Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sweat shirts in July?

I went sailing on Saturday with my daughter.


The temps were unseasonably cool with the high temp of 65 degrees. Winds were in the 15-20 knot range with 2 – 4 foot waves that were building. Looked like we had an occasional 6+ footer.

2-4 foot waves


One of the 6+ foot waves

Our top speed was 7.0 knots and we had a couple wind gusts that got our heel over 40+ degrees. I caught the expression on my daughters face on film on one of the 40+ degrees heels.


Excited to experience a 40+ degree heel

On Sunday my brother and I went out. Same temps and winds as Saturday, but without the big waves.

I tried getting the kite cam going again. I increased the distance from the kite to the camera hoping that it would aim more towards the boat and not at the water behind the boat. Didn’t help too much. I think I am going to have to invest more than $3.00 in a kite next time around.

Kite cam frame grab

Kite cam frame grab before hitting the water

Our top speed was 6.8 knots.

We had the "rail in the water" a few times and the sailing was excellent.

Rail in the water

 
You can see the keel!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment