Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mackinac Race Fleet

Went sailing both Saturday and Sunday in weather that was beautiful in every imaginable way BUT winds.

The winds were slightly better on Saturday (5 - 8 knots) than Sunday (little to no winds).

On Saturday, my wife and I went for a pleasant sail and got to see the Mackinac Race Fleet go by later in the afternoon. At 3:30 we first started to see the sails of the racers coming up from the southern horizon and by 5:00 most of the fleet was in the Waukegan area off to the east from our location. Very cool to see so many sails in one area.

Mackinac Race Fleet coming into view
 
Mackinac Race Fleet
 
Whenever I bring someone out for the first time on the boat I always say "Respect the Boom" as part of my safety talk. One of my daughters thought it would be a good idea to reinforce that with a decal.

"Respect the Boom"

On Sunday I went sailing with my brother, one of his daughters and his daughter’s friend.

Boring!
BORING!

We bobbed around for a few hours then called it a day.





No comments:

Post a Comment