Sunday, November 4, 2012

Still Getting Ready for Winter Storage

About a week and a half ago my brother took the afternoon off and put a screw into each of the PVC frame joints. That is a lot of pilot hole drilling and screwing. Thank goodness for cordless drills.
I had to work through the weekend last week so I wasn’t able do any work on the boat.
This past Saturday, I Finished the frame by putting a vertical PVC support and a boom support in the cockpit area. I also removed the boat batteries, bow pulpit and the port side life lines and stanchions.
On Sunday my brother and I removed the starboard side stanchions, life lines and the stern pulpit.
I had to crawl into the aft cockpit locker in order to get at the bolts holding the stern pulpit. The hardest part was getting my shoulders through the narrow opening. Once inside it wasn’t too bad.
Climbing into the stern locker
 
Not so bad once inside
We attempted to put the tarp on, but the wind had picked up a bit and the tarp I bought for the area forward of the mast was too large. After trying for about an hour to get it straightened out and battling the wind we gave up and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment