Sunday, August 18, 2013

Single-handed sailing

On Saturday my wife and I went sailing with friends and their 2 daughters. The day was beautiful, sunny, warm with temps into the mid 70’s. Wind speeds were about 8 knots and waves around 1 foot. A good time was had by all.


Friends...

...and their daughters


On Sunday I did my first single-handed sailing. I had a couple of small onboard projects to take care of then set out about 2:00. The weather was identical to Saturday’s. I had to work real hard to get permission from my wife to go out single-handed. She was sure she would become a widow. I promised to wear my life vest and a harness. There were no problems, only sun and fun.

Life vest, harness and tethered to the boat

 
Great day for a single-handed sail
 



No comments:

Post a Comment