Sunday, June 17, 2012

Beautiful weather for a Father's Day sail!

Friday after work my friend from work and I moved the boat from the boat yard back to the marina.  The yard had finished the new shroud. 

My wife and I had planned to go sailing on Saturday with some friends, but the weather did not cooperate.  The forecast was for 40% chance of scattered thunder storms.  I decided that it would not be wise to chance sailing in thunderstorms.  I had gone to the boat in the morning and was planning on meeting them there at 1:00.  I was able to work for several hours taking care of some odds and ends.

Sunday was another story all together.  My wife, father-in-law, oldest daughter and son-in-law went for a wonderful 3.5 hour sail.

My iPhone has a nautical GPS app that records the trip and plots it on a chart.  We traveled a total of 11.8 nautical miles.  Here are a couple screen captures.

Detailed chart of the Waukegan area with our trip overlayed.
I started recording just outside the marina and finished after we returned to the slip

Bigger overview of the entire trip

It turns out that this group are great crew members.  I let them do all the work and I gave orders!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the video! I'm especially glad no one got seasick. :)

    ReplyDelete