Sunday, May 20, 2012

Started the painting process for the decks and cabin top

This weekend it was hot! Temps in the high 80’s near the lake and very very sunny.

On Saturday I washed, sanded and wiped down (with acetone) the decks, cockpit and cabin top.  I then primed the forward and port side decks and the port side half of the cabin top.  Did I mention it was hot?  It was hot.  I think I lost half my body weight in perspiration.  Also I was very sore from all the ups and downs and contortions necessary to prime the decks. It was a 2 ibuprofen evening when I got home.

On Sunday I finished priming the decks and cabin top (starboard side).  I did not get to do the cockpit as the weather forecast was calling for storms in the afternoon starting at 3:00 pm.  I stopped priming at 1:30 in order to make sure everything had a chance to dry before the rain hit.

I did a few small things until 3:00, then “buttoned up” the boat and went home.

Once home I put the first coat of varnish on the companionway hatch boards.

Sunday was not as bad as Saturday for the heat and I finished 3 hours earlier so it was only a 1 ibuprofen evening.



Decks and cabin top primed.

No comments:

Post a Comment